User Profile Synchronization bob to Declaree
The integration consumes Bob’s API models to create, update and modify user profiles in Declaree. To achieve this, the backend of the integration uses as user’s identifiers the Bob External ID and employee or user email in order to determine if an employee should be created, updated or deactivated in Declaree.
A first API call is executed in the morning hours in order to retrieve employee’s data from Bob and synchronize it in Declaree in order to create, update or deactivate user profiles. A second API call is done in the evening hours for additional synchronization purposes. This integration logic offers a daily synchronization between Bob and Declaree, simplifying the user management in the expense management tool and driving process efficiency without the need of any manual effort.
Traveller’s Profile Data points
Bellow data fields are synchronized from Bob to Declaree so user profiles are synchronized with the employee data.
Bob’s employee data field
Declaree’s user data field
>> Database field, not visible in the application.
>> Email is considered as the unique identifier of the employee at Bob
How to activate the integration and connect bob to Declaree
Integration activation in Bob
First, follow bellow steps to generate a Service User token in Hibob to be used later on to connect with Declaree.
- Log into Hibob as an Admin
Once logged in, in the home page click on the “Settings” section located on the left side navigation bar.
In the “Settings” menu, click on the “Integrations” tab located in the Account section.
Click on the “connect” label located in the “Service Users” tile which is displayed in the integrations page.
- In the service users page, you will be able to create a service type user to take API actions and thus to connect with Declaree. To create a new one, click on the “New Service User” button.
- A pop up will be displayed to create a new service user. To achieve this, provide a unique name for the service user in the “Service User name” field. Once this name is defined, provide a display name for the service user. To finalize this step confirm your entries by clicking on the “Next” button.
- Once the service user is created, a pop up with is information will be displayed. Copy and store in a safe place the “ID” and the “Token” values of your service user. These credentials will be needed to authenticate and authorize Declaree to communicate with Bob's API. Click in “Done” button once you have stored safely the service user credentials.
- Now, you have created successfully a service user to integrate Bob with Declaree. You can always create new service users or manage the existing ones in the ”Service Users” page.
- In case of need for a refreshed access token, you can always do so by going to the “Service Users” page clicking on the “3 dot” icon located at the left side of your service users.
- A pop up will be displayed so you copy the new “Token” generated for your service user. Remember that once you click done, there will be no way to see it again.
- By default, service users are created with no access permissions. For that matter you will need first to click on the “Settings” section located on the left side navigation bar.
In the “Settings” menu, click on the “Permission groups” tab located in the Account section.
- In the “Permission groups” page, in the case that no user permission groups have been created, please follow the process explained in Bob’s Help Center: Create a custom permission group. Make sure that the created group the “REST API access” activated by ticking the “Manage REST API Token” checkbox.
Once a permission group has been created, click on the relevant group.
In the permission group page, click on the “Group actions” button.
In the “Group actions” menu click on “Edit details”.
In the details page of the selected permission group select the option “Select people by condition if it has not been already selected.
Next, click on the “Edit” button to add the newly created service users.
A pop up will appear to select employees or service users, go to the “Add specific employees” section and click on the dropdown.
In the dropdown, select the checkbox “Service Users” and confirm your selection by clicking on “Apply”.
To finalize, confirm your changes by clicking on the “Save” button.
Integration activation in Declaree
Once the generation of a service user is done in Bob, please follow bellow steps to activate the integration in Declaree:
Log into Declaree as an Administrator
Once logged into the Organization, click on the “Settings” tab located on the left side navigation menu
- In the “Settings” page, on the left side menu, click on the “Connections” tab to access the available integrations for your Administration
In the “Connections” page, look for the Bob entry and click on the logo.
Click on the “Connect” button to start the activation.
- A pop up will appear in the page, in this pop up enter in the fields “Service ID” and “Token” the ID and access token generated in Bob in order to connect your Declaree Organization with your Bob company.
Confirm your entry by clicking on the “Save” button.
Finally, after clicking on the save button, Bob is connected with your organization in Declaree.
- You can trigger an initial user import by clicking on the “Synchronize” button, or wait for the next automatic synchronization done by Declaree.